YOU WILL RECEIVE ACCESS INFORMATION, VIA EMAIL, FOR THIS WEBINAR ONCE PURCHASED.
Increasing Joy in Work to Reduce Clinician Burnout and
Pectus Excavatum Care After Implementation of Intraoperative CryolCE® Therapy
These two courses were presented at the 27th Annual Scientific Conference held in Palm Desert, CA in 2018. Conference registrants evaluate all conference presentations, and these are tabulated accordingly. These two presentation were ranked in the top 5.
This course was developed for nurses who have an interest in:
- Learning about the detrimental effects of burnout as well as the business case for increasing joy in work, and increasing clinician engagement as a means to improving staff retention, and increasing staff satisfaction, and patient and family experience.
- Providing evidence based best new practice to pediatric surgical teams who are offering pectus excavatum Nuss repairs to their patients.
The content is applicable for both the bedside and advanced practice nurse.
Dr. Betsy Gerrein
Dr. Betsy Gerrein is a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. She is a Clinical Manager with the Advanced Practice Nurses. She has responsibility for all of the advanced practice providers in six surgical specialties. Dr. Gerrein obtained her Associate, Bachelor and Master’s degree from Northern Kentucky University and her Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree from Waynesburg University. Dr. Gerrein is actively involved in multiple quality improvement projects at Cincinnati Children’s.
Karen Rodriguez, MN, RN, CPNP-PC/ AC
Ms. Rodriguez is a dually certified pediatric nurse practitioner is primary care and acute care. She has been practicing for over 25 years dedicated to the care of pediatric patients and their families. She has dedicated her career to the care of the Pediatric Surgical patient. During her career she has cared for pediatric trauma patients, children born with multiple congenital malformations, implemented a bowel management specialty clinic for children born with complex ano-rectal malformations and operates an on-going gastrostomy tube clinic. She is an active member of APSNA- American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association. Karen has multiple publications, has been a contributing author and editor for several manuscripts, and has presented at local, regional, national and international conferences. She is currently the Regional Coordinator for Pediatric Surgical Care Services for Kaiser Permanente, Southern California.
The following presentation will aid the learner in their ability to:
- Describe the symptoms of clinician burnout syndrome
- Restate 4 of the 9 critical components for improving joy in work
- Identify at least 2 system-level measures of joy in work
- Explain the CryoICE® System and its intercostal space application intraoperatively during a Nuss procedure for pectus excavatum repair.
- Apply the proper dosing of all postoperative medications for patients who have received CryoICE® therapy during a Nuss procedure for pectus excavatum repair.
- Compare and contrast postoperative recovery data for patients who underwent Nuss repairs prior to and after initiation of intraoperative CryoICE® therapy.
Contact hours 0.75 CE
Open date: 12/15/2018
Close date: 12/15/2019
Cost 15.00 Members/20.00 Non-Members