The purpose of the Founders Award is to recognize an individual’s significant contributions to the advancement of the care of pediatric surgical patients and exemplary service to the APSNA organization.
- See APSNA Awards Policy.
- Must be a registered nurse or an advanced practice nurse and a current APSNA member in good standing for at least one year.
- APSNA contributions enhance the nomination (see Scoring Tool).
Send the following information electronically to: email@example.com.
- An online application will be submitted for all award nominations. See below.
- All required application elements will be turned in by the due date. Please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founders Award Application Guidelines:
- The nominator will be a professional peer.
- The nominator will submit at least one letter of support using the Scoring Criteria to guide the letter of support and highlights APSNA contributions
- The nominator is encouraged to gather significant supportive data regarding the nominee’s clinical practice and professional accomplishments with additional letters of support. Activities for which an individual may be nominated may include but are not limited to clinical expertise, research, authorship, mentorship, teaching, program development or professional leadership.
- The Awards Chair contacts the nominee of the nomination, and requests a recent copy of their curriculum vitae. The nominee is advised that the Scoring Criteria will be used to award the Founders Award.
January 1 to March 15.
Awardee will be announced at the Annual Founders Award Ceremony and Reception.
Contact us for more information.
Maryellen Sheridan, MSN, RN, CNS
Maryellen Sheridan received 3 letters of support. These letters of
support were written by Andreas H Meier, MD, Surgeon-in-Chief, Michael
H. Ratner, MD, Emeritus Professor of Surgery and Cathleen Caltabiano,
RNFA, MSN, PPCNP-BC all from Golisano Children’s Hospital in Syracuse,