The purpose of the APSNA Educational Grant is to support a current APSNA member in educational endeavors, which reflect the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Must be an APSNA member in good standing for at least one year.
- Must be a registered nurse or an advanced practice nurse with a minimum of one-year experience in pediatric surgical nursing who is actively involved in pediatric surgery care, education, or research.
- See APSNA Grant Policy for additional information.
Responsibilities of the Recipient:
- Sign a letter of agreement before funds are dispersed, which further delineates grantee responsibilities.
- Complete a W-9 for APSNA’s financial records.
- Maintain APSNA membership for one year after completion of project/fund allocation.
How to Apply:
Send the following information electronically to email@example.com
- Submit an Online Application (Below).
- Submit current curriculum vitae.
- Submit a budget that specifies the use of grant funds.
- Letter of support from a professional colleague which addresses the following points.
- The relationship between the colleagues.
- The applicant's position and responsibilities.
- The applicant's interest in and commitment to care of children and families with surgical issues.
- A cover letter from the applicant to the APSNA Awards Chair which includes the following:
- Experience in pediatric surgical nursing.
- Initiatives and involvement in APSNA, if any.
- A description of the applicant’s professional pediatric surgical nursing and educational goals and how the scholarship being applied for will help the applicant attain them.
November 1 to February 28
Awardee will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting.
Contact us for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019: Carmen Duque and
2018: Mayra Garcia
2017: Tina Shapiro
2016: Elizabeth Paton
2012: Steadman McPeters
2011: Monica Lasso Cuestas
2010: Raquel Pasarón
2006: Valerie Rogers
2005: Lori Young
"The educational grant provided by APSNA assisted me with purchasing supplies, books, and materials for my advanced project. My interest as related to professional nursing practice and meeting the requirements of the DNP program, is to look at advanced nursing practice outcomes both from a quality perspective and from a professional perspective. I wish to thank the APSNA BOD (2009-2010) and the membership for the generosity, and upholding the organization’s mission and vision. Their constant promotion of this specialty is evident through educational offerings, nursing research, professional collaboration, and peer support. Awards such as these, reveal the organizational priority that resources are available in support of its membership and their professional endeavors" - RP, 2011
Interested in supporting the APSNA Grant Fund?
The amount of the monies awarded to recipients of the Scholarship Grants (Education and Research Grants) will be based on the balance of the funds at the time of the award selection. The award amount will be approximately 4% of the balance of the fund, an amount recommended by APSNA’s Certified Financial Planner. This is a conservative and standard amount typically withdrawn from investment funds, which does not place the fund at financial risk. The amount awarded from year to year will likely vary based on the performance of the Scholarship fund.
Currently the amount awarded for the Educational Grant is: $1,100.00.