The purpose of the Spotlight Award is to recognize any APSNA member who demonstrates involvement in pediatric surgery above and beyond the usual job expectations.
- Must be an APSNA member in good standing.
- May be a staff nurse, perioperative nurse, specialty nurse, nurse manager, advanced practice nurse or a physician assistant. (See the APSNA Awards Policy).
- Any professional colleague may initiate the nomination process.
- One winner per quarter will receive a certificate of achievement and a monetary award.
How to Apply:
Send the following information electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name of nominee and contact information.
- Nominator will send a supportive statement regarding the nominee’s practice.
- Name, institution, job title and contact information of nominator.
Nominations are accepted throughout the year and the award is given quarterly.
Awardee will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting.
Contact us for more information.
Tonya Stafford, BSN, RN, CPN
Tonya Stafford, BSN, RN, CPN, was nominated for the Spotlight Award. Tonya is a Clinical Nurse on the Pediatric Surgery & Trauma floor at UNC Chapel Hill.