The purpose of the Foster Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing (WOCN) Grant is to assist members of the American Pediatric Surgical Nurses Association (APSNA) to further their professional education and expertise in the area of wound and ostomy care.
- The applicant must be an APSNA member for at least one year prior to applying for the scholarship.
- The applicant must meet the entry requirements for the WOCN program of choice.
- The applicant must enroll in the complete course of WOCN education – not just a wound or ostomy track.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need (e.g. travel expenses, living expenses for the duration of the courses, fees, books, etc.)
Responsibilities of the Recipient:
- The recipient must agree to submit proof of attendance by submitting paid receipts.
- The recipient must practice in pediatric enterostomal therapy and wound management.
- The recipient must agree to maintain APSNA membership for three years after completing the educational course.
- The recipient must agree to submit a course review and synopsis of the learning experience to be printed in a Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing edition after completing the course.
How to Apply:
- Submit the attached application. (Click here to download).
- Attach a copy of the WOCN program requirements.
- Attach a copy of the WOCN Program Outline.
- Submit a letter describing your current practice in enterostomal or wound therapy, or a letter from a colleague describing your practice.
- Submit a list of expenses anticipated related to the course including travel, housing, tuition, fees, books, meals and et cetera.
Deadline is December 31st.
Contact APSNA Leadership Chair for more information.