1. Who can be a member of APSNA?
- Professional registered nurses committed to the advancement of pediatric surgical nursing can become regular/active members. Regular/active members have all the rights and privileges of membership including the right to vote and hold office.
- An allied health care professional committed to the advancement of pediatric surgical nursing is invited to be an affiliate member. Affiliate members have all the rights and privileges of membership except the right to vote or hold office.
2. How much does it cost to join APSNA?
- Regular/active memberships are $110 per year.
- Affiliate memberships are $110 per year.
- Triad memberships are $205 per year; this includes a regular/active APSNA membership (membership value $110), regular membership to AORN (membership value $160) and an affiliate membership with ANA (membership value $45). A registration link can be found on the AORN website.
3. I joined as a Triad member, but have not received a username or password for APSNA?
- The Triad membership is a unique opportunity to be a part of several nursing organizations; because of that, it can take several days to synchronize profile data among all three organizations. You will receive a welcome letter including your username and password from APSNA when your membership is activated.
4. What are the benefits of being an APSNA member?
- Access to career/job openings through our career web site page
- Access to our online listserve: APSNA Connect!
- Opportunities to participate in Special Interest Groups to network with peers whose practice relates to yours
- Discounted registration and hotel accommodations to APSNA’s Annual Scientific Meeting
- Access to APSNA’S Journal of Pediatric Surgical Nursing, our online publication delivered quarterly, which offers case studies along with rotating specialty corners addressing a variety of pediatric surgical topics as well as continuing education opportunities. It is the perfect forum for first-time authors and for sharing innovative ideas.
- For more information on all of the APSNA membership benefits view our membership brochure.
5. Where do I find information about the Annual APSNA Scientific conference?
- The APSNA Scientific Conference is held annually and is held in either April or May; the conference registration and hotel information is available in January each year. For more information please contact the APSNA Director of Program at: email@example.com
6. Do I need to contact APSNA if I have an address, phone number or email address change?
- Members can update their APSNA profile at any time online. Simply login to APSNA, click onto the “Profile Home” tab on the right of the page, then clinic onto “Bio”. This page allows you to edit both your professional and additional information related to your profile.
7. What do I do if I cannot remember my password?
- Members who have forgotten their password can simply go to the “sign in” page and click “forgot my password” tab on the right of the page. This will help you go through the steps to create a new password: https://apsna.site-ym.com/general/email_pass.asp
8. How can I join the APSNA Connect listserve or a SIG listserve?
- Sign into the website. Go to the “members” tab and select the “APSNA Connect” in the dropdown list. From that page - use the simple one-click JOIN button found within the page.
For listserves specific to each Special Interest Group (SIG), please visit their respective SIG webpage and join in from the links provided within.
Together, we can easily communicate with other listserve subscribers via a singular email account: APSNACONNECT@APSNA.SIMPLELISTS.COM.
The purpose of APSNA CONNECT is to enhance network communication among members committed to the care of pediatric surgical patients.
Discussion on APSNA CONNECT will focus exclusively on issues concern related to the care of all pediatric surgical patients and include but not limited to:
- Scope of practice issues
- Research utilization
- Professional role issues
- Effective collaboration
- Educational programs
- Clinical issues
Simply use this email account to begin the discussion with other APSNA members via email. It is important to note that your reply to this list email account will be distributed to every member of the LISTSERVE, and in turn - their reply to your email will also be delivered to every member.
**Listserves only work via the email account you have used to subscribe to the list <<
If you would like to change the email account you are using to subscribe to the list, simply unsubscribe using the link found at the base of every listserve email. To resubscribe with your preferred email account, visit this page - choose the APSNA Connect listserve or the proper SIG listserve name from the drop down options – and add in your preferred email account.
Should you have any other questions or concerns regarding the list service, simply drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our very best to assist.
As a reminder - to learn more about lists and basic listserve etiquette, visit this APSNA web page.
9. Do APSNA members receive a discount to the annual conference?
- Yes, APSNA members receive a significant discount for conference registration. Please click on the “conference” tab on our website for more information.
10. Does APSNA have a contact number?
- Yes, our organization has contact phone number: 1 (855) 984-1601.
11. Whom do I contact about obtaining my educational credits from the annual conference?
12. I am a member of APSNA; how do I print a membership card?
- As a member, you can print your membership card at any time. Simply log into the APSNA website, and go to “Manage Profile” and clink on “Membership Card”.